Saturday, December 20, 2008

As I Lay Dying....(New Album, at least new to me)



For those of you who do not know, As I Lay Dying, is a metal band from San Diego.

This album is new to me because I pretty much know more about Jonathan Edwards than I do the metal scene, and I know nothing about Edwards. Did you want a short bio on his life by the way?

So about the album a little. This album is for you if you like chainsaw massacre guitar riffs that cannibalize harp-like beauty (thus destroying all previous conception of melodies) and want to have your own brain pried out of your head and put in your hand while you're staring slack-jawed at the wall. I submit that the recipient of the aforementioned aural assault will thereafter be broadsided by the tsunami of sound wrecking devastation upon his conscience, leaving him on the floor in his own drool, convulsing for more.

I listen to it when I read Carl Trueman who according to Pyromaniacs sponsors intelligence infusions while wielding a flamethrower set to 'Total Righteous Destruction'.

No comments:

Unreached People Groups