Friday, August 21, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

As of late I have been working two jobs, breaking into my new marriage, and trying to study 4 books at once. Therefore, I have not had much time to blog, let alone much else. Despite the such the summer is going quite nicely. I have been thoroughly enjoying my sojourn in Lake Tahoe and it is becoming an ever increasingly special plate to me. Much nostalgia.

Theologically Im just getting more pissed off than ever. Recently people in high positions are making excuses for the church not to be evaglistic, or to use their terms we are only supposed to be a 'witness' and then the officers in the church are supposed to do all the work. Sounds like the catholic church to me, where the priest(officer) does everything.

Along those lines Im trying to figure out myself theologically. There are a lot of discrepancies between the Missional(Mark Driscoll and the church I am going to right now) and the Reformed(old stuffy knowitalls). This is causing a great rift in my brain and will take a bunch of time to sort out. But Im gonna try and stick it out at Westminster Semitary(oops) California, where intelect comes to grow and humilty comes to shrink. At least that has been my observation, because they cant admit that they suck, not even at one thing, which is what we in the working world call arrogance, but in academia your nitch.

However with the daily joys of my personal bible reading(Christ is alive!), my wife, the few times I get to go rock climbing, and failblog all hope is not yet lost.

Here is an encouraging quote by Shakespeare to end this blog(so we can try to be pluralistically positive! Yay for relativism!JK)

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

No comments:

Unreached People Groups