Sunday, September 14, 2008

"When our hearts throb with our own self-absorption, of course we are unable to be passionately committed to the person of Christ. It is essential that the cross and our memory of its power daily act as lance that pierces our hearts, allowing the self-centeredness of our sin to be drained. Only then can the cross change us and allow godliness and passion for Christ to grow within our hearts. Just like those early believers, once we have experienced it’s ongoing power in our own lives, we will never be able to forget it!" -Rich Gregory, from The Pulpit Magazine, September 10th, 2008

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Amen and Amen!!

christin joy said...

wow, this really got me. i've been thinking of how selfish and self-serving i can be. i've been thinking; how deep do i go with my Lord? how superficial am i? i have my times of longing for the Lord, but i am way to complacent and get sucked into the "idealistic life" of normal everyday people. but i realize, as a daughter of the Most High, i am not called to that, i'm not called to be normal, i'm called to reach out and step out of the worlds expectations and hold fast to those of the Lords. and i can't do that when i'm focused on myself, just as the world would teach.

Lord, grant me the grace to fully abandon all my life to the calling, to the mercies and promises You have laid before me. keep me Lord and weigh heavy on my heart, as i truly long to be fulfilled by you and nothing else. amen.

Unreached People Groups