Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight of Taylor

At the twilight of his death Hudson Taylor, over 50 years of being a missionary to China which included over 80,000 Chinese coming to faith in Christ and all the provinces of China receiving the witness of Christ, he spoke these words to young missionaries:

"You do not know what lies before you. I give you one word of advice: Walk with the Lord! Count on Him, enjoy Him... He will not disappoint you...Forty years I have made it the chief business of my life to cultivate a personal acquaintance with the Lord Jesus Christ...No(trifling) with self-indulgence or sin-and there is no reason why the Holy Spirit should not be outpoured.
It is a great privilege to meet many of you here. I have met many here in days gone by. My dear wife died by me here...In spirit our loved ones may be nearer to us than we think; and HE is near, nearer than we think. The Lord Jesus will never leave nor forsake us... Do, dear friends, be true to Him and His Word." -Taken from: It Is Not Death To Die, by Jim Cromarty, p476.

No comments:

Unreached People Groups